In line with the growing emphasis on sports medicine in the UAE, Meet our team which comprises of experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialists, and Physiotherapists. At the state-of-the-art performance and health assessment facility our team of experts caters to all professional athletes.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist - Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr Dejan Jovanovic is a non-surgical Sports Medicine Specialist and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist with extensive local and international experience in both the clinical application of Sports Medicine and on-field participation with professional athletes from Serbia and the UAE.
Daniel Demkiewicz is a Senior Physiotherapist, a motor function coach, a bodybuilding instructor, a personal trainer, and a former player and coach of Kendo, Iaido and Jodo. His sports medicine experience includes work with orthopaedic patients, athletes and people who want to improve their athletic performance. He also researches the causes and prevention of sports injuries.
Mr Demkiewicz’s specialties include physiotherapy, manual therapy, orthopaedics, physiotherapy and evidence-based medicine, sports therapy, sports performance, athletic training, dry needle, chiropractic, and strength and conditioning.
Ms. Zahra Shirazi is an Indo-Iranian Physiotherapist with 10 years of experience in musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy.
She has received her Master’s Degree with honours in Musculoskeletal Sciences from S.N.D.T University Mumbai India and Bachelors of Health Sciences from M.U.H.S University India. She has received the Best Sportswomen Award of 2008-2009 at Festinatio, Intercollegiate Sports Meet, India. She is an extremely passionate physiotherapist and has always been an advocate of an “Active and Healthy Lifestyle”. Her clinical experience lies in treating varied musculoskeletal and sports injuries and involves a combination of manual therapy, muscle/motor control retraining and specific exercise prescription. She goes the extra mile to assist her patients get relief with the goal of making each individual functionally independent, thereby improving their quality of life. She has taken extensive international post-graduate courses in the following areas of her skills.
· Manual Therapy (Mulligan- Mobilization with movement)
· Chiropractic Therapy
· Dry Needling
· Nerve Flossing and mobilization
· Active Release Techniques
· Kinesio & Sports Specific taping Technique
· Postural and Functional Rehab
· Hijamah (Dry & Wet Cupping)
· Sports Injury Prevention & Rehabilitation
· Pre and post-operative rehab setting
· Pre & post-operative conditions (meniscal repairs, ACL reconstructions, shoulder arthroscopic surgeries, fractures, TKR, THR)
· Overuse and chronic musculoskeletal conditions involving the neck, back, shoulder, elbow, wrist and knees.
· Postural Asymmetries (scoliosis, kyphosis, upper and lower cross syndromes)
· Sports injuries (ligament sprains, muscle strains/tears, tendinitis)
· Women’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction
· Headaches and TMJ (jaw) Dysfunction
A licensed Physiotherapist specialised in orthopaedics and traumatology, Vesela Vasileva received her Master’s in orthopaedic and traumatology science with honours from the National Sport Academy of Bulgaria.
Ms Vasileva has more than 4 years of clinical experience treating patients with neurological conditions, post-op orthopaedic conditions and post-op rehabilitation of cervical, thoracic and lumbar injuries and sports injuries in professional and amateur athletes.
Her practice includes manual therapy, customised kinesiotherapy exercise programs and electro-therapy modalities.
Ms. Irina Voiculescu has over 10 years of experience in the field of Physiotherapy. She is skilled in providing the physiotherapy treatment for both inpatient and outpatient. She has experience working with children and adults as well with different pathologies like: spine disorders, cerebral palsy and other neurological diagnoses, post traumatic and post-operative conditions, genetic disorders (Down/Joubert syndrome).
· Myofascial Mobilization/Manual therapy
· Muscle Energy Technique
· Spinal manipulation
· Pre and Post-Operative rehabilitation orthopaedics
· Conservative treatment for spine conditions
· Post-operative spinal rehabilitation
· Maitland technique
· Musculoskeletal disorders
· Dry needling, Kinesiological taping
Dr. Naveed is a Specialist Cardiologist. He has a total of 14 years of experience in Internal Medicine and 9 years of experience in Cardiology. Dr Naveed has served as a Cardiologist at Mayo hospital, which is the largest hospital of Southeast Asia with multi specialties.
Before relocating to Dubai, Dr Naveed worked with Seychelles Hospital, Health Care Agency. He was in- charge of revamping the Cardiology Unit, a system initiated by SEHA, Abu Dhabi. He developed a well organised Cardiology Unit with a team of two Cardiologist, Medical Officers and Nurses.